Statewide Family Network Nevada Collaborating for Children
What is a family network?
A strong Nevada network of families, parent groups, professionals, community organizations, agencies and policymakers who are dedicated to empowering families and strengthening their ability to participate in statewide and local mental health care reform and improve outcomes for children with behavioral health care needs.
Nevada PEP developed and operates Nevada’s Statewide Family Network. Nevada PEP employs family members of children with behavioral health care needs as Family Specialists. Family Specialists can help you find information, support and resources, provide compassion and understanding of the unique experiences and needs of your child and family, and assist you to advocate for your child and family to access support and services to help at home, in the community and at school.
The System of Care Principles
- Community Based - Systems of Care ensure a wide range of home and community-based services to promote the well being of children in the community.
- Child-centered, Family-driven - Families are involved and their voice is valued in all levels of the System of Care.
- Interagency Collaboration - The System of Care engages collaboration with all child and family serving agencies at all levels and sectors.
- Cultural Competence - System of Care tailor services and programs by considering the cultural, ethnic, racial makeup of the community.
- Individualized & Strength-based - Every child enrolled in the System of Care participates in an individualized plan of care that focuses on the needs, strengths, and challenges of the child and family.
- Accountability - Systems of Care ensure outcome data is collected, analyzed, and reported. The information is used to inform all stakeholders and serves as a quality assurance process.